In Optimize Your Gut Course, you will acquire the basic knowledge and tools to identify and self-treat the most common bowel problems. You will also gain a great deal of valuable information about the most typical anti-nutrients in foods, intestinal microbiota and microbiome, leaky gut syndrome, the normal functioning of the digestive system, and how stress impacts the gut. Also, you will gain a basic understanding of how gut health affects the brain and shows in your skin.
This online learning course is designed for people who want results quickly and efficiently, but also permanently. Whatever is your main goal or starting point, you will find answers to achieving better overall balance in your gut and your overall health.
Optimize Your Gut Online Course in a nutshell:
- The systematic 7-week online course is created by Dr. Olli Sovijärvi, M.D.
- You will acquire the basic knowledge and tools to identify and self-treat the most common gut-related problems
- Every week, there is a comprehensive video made by Dr. Sovijärvi on each week's topic
- The online course includes downloadable, illustrated reading material and a platform where you can ask questions from a medical professional
- The online course also includes valuable additional materials gathered by Dr. Sovijärvi including articles, links, videos, and presentations
- You can begin the online course whenever you want - access to the materials also stays after the course
With this course, you will understand the importance of nutrition and the variety of nutritional factors in the well-being of your gut and your entire body. When the gut is in good overall balance and the intestinal ecosystem is in great shape, the rest of the body can generally do well, maintaining good health and mental alertness.
Table of contents
Week 1: Typical gut-irritating foods, antinutrients & autoimmune protocol
Remove or minimize antinutrients in your diet
- Milk – one of the most common foods causing gut problems
- Why do so many not tolerate modern grains?
- Autoimmune diet and autoimmune protocol (AIP)
Week 2: Self-treatment of constipation & diarrhoea and resetting the gut by fasting
Week 3: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), FODMAP & diverticulosis
- The most common reasons for constipation and its self-treatment
- The most common reasons for diarrhoea and its self-treatment
- Fasting and intermittent fasting - the key to "resetting" the gut?
Week 4: Microbiological balance of the intestines, yeast and SIBO
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and foodmap
- Foodmap carbohydrates and their restriction from the diet
- Efficient IBS self-treatment
- Diverticulosis and how to recognise it
Week 5: Gastrointestinal optimization, probiotics, prebiotics and digestive aids
- Gut microbiota and bacterial balance
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Intestinal yeast overgrowth - "yeast overgrowth"
- Follow these steps to eradicate yeast overgrowth in the intestines
- Digestion and optimizing your digestive system
- Optimizing gastric acid secretion in the stomach
- Dyspepsia gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Digestive enzymes and bile acids
Week 6: Gut-brain axis, gut-skin axis, microbiota and microbiome, and the systemic effects of stress on gut function
- Gut-brain axis
- Increased gut permeability: the leaky gut syndrome
- Skin - the mirror of intestines
- Stress and the condition of the gut go hand-in-hand
Week 7: Food intolerances & hypersensitivities, food allergies, histamine intolerance, and laboratory markers for quantifying these
NB! This online coaching service and the contents thereof should not be viewed as treatment recommendations, nor do they constitute a medical care guide. Always discuss medical treatment options with your primary care physician first before taking any supplements, remedies or other products. The Fix Your Gut online course does not give medical recommendations or comment on matters involving individual medical care.
- Food allergies
- Food intolerances & hypersensitivity
- Histamine intolerance
- Testing for food allergies and hypersensitivities/intolerances