Metabolomix + home test
Metabolomix+ is a combination of several nutrition tests. It can be used to analyze the main nutritional markers. The test is done completely at home.
The Metabolomix+ Test is an easy way to assess your need for antioxidants, B vitamins, trace elements, fatty and amino acids, and digestive microbes.
See pictures for more information on various biomarkers tested.
Functional nutritional analysis
Significant accumulation of organic acids in the urine can be a sign of metabolic problems such as nutrient deficiency, hereditary enzyme deficiency, accumulation of toxins, or medications.
The enzymes responsible for the action of organic acids need certain vitamins and trace elements to function. If deficiencies occur, organic acid levels may increase at the cellular level, even if the levels of these vitamins and trace elements are simultaneously optimal as measured in the blood.
Who can benefit from measuring functional nutritional values?
Among others, people with the following health problems:
- Mood disorders, chronic stress
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Exhaustion, depression, anxiety
- Inflammatory conditions and diseases caused by them
The analysis can be used to create a treatment program that takes into account personal nutrition and dietary supplement recommendations based on the report. The summary section of the report provides information on the activity of nutrients in the body, the causes and consequences of their deficiencies, and the sources of nutrients in the diet.
Metabolic Areas of Metabolomix + Analysis:
- Organic acids
- Absorption disorders and dysbiosis
- Cellular energy and mitochondria
- Vitamin tracers
- Toxin and detoxification markers
- Tyrosine metabolism
- Amino acids
- Essential amino acids
- Non-essential amino acids
- Intermediates of metabolism
- Markers for dietary peptides
- Markers of oxidative stress
The Metabolomix+ Profile report categorizes results into several metabolic areas (see sample report for individual analytes):
Personalized Results Overview and Nutrient Need Overview
- Functional Imbalance Scores in areas of methylation, toxic exposure, mitochondrial dysfunction, fatty acid imbalances, and oxidative stress
- Nutrient Need Overview with recommendations for antioxidants, B-vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, GI support, and amino acids
- Interpretation-At-A-Glance pages provide nutritional educational support for you and your patient highlighting the function of each nutrient, the cause of deficiency, complications of deficiency, and food sources of the nutrient
Organic Acids (urine)
- Malabsorption and Bacterial/ Yeast Dysbiosis Markers are metabolites produced by the gastrointestinal microbiome
- Cellular Energy & Mitochondrial Metabolites are biomarkers of carbohydrate and fatty acid metabolism, and the citric acid (Kreb’s) cycle
- Neurotransmitter Metabolites are downstream byproducts of epinephrine, norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine
- Vitamin Markers are specific analytes used to assess functional levels of vitamin cofactors
- Toxin & Detoxification Markers relate to certain toxic metabolites and the body’s detoxification capacity
- Oxalate Markers relate to kidney stone formation, oxidative stress and metabolic dysfunction
Amino Acids (urine)
- Essential Amino Acids must be derived from dietary sources
- Nonessential Amino Acids are synthesized by the body
Intermediary Metabolites are byproducts of amino acid metabolism
- B Vitamin Markers are involved in biochemical reactions that specifically require B vitamins
- Urea Cycle Markers are byproducts associated with nitrogen (ammonia) detoxification
- Glycine/Serine Metabolites are involved in the serine-to-choline pathway and the methylation pathways
- Dietary Peptide Related Markers can indicate incomplete protein breakdown and meat intake
- Oxidative Stress Markers (urine) include the oxidative damage markers lipid peroxides and 8-OHdG
These are not included in the basic package, but you can ask the customer service for prices and more detailed information if you want to complete the basic profile and basic test.
Add-on Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acids Markers (Bloodspot- whole blood)
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids are essential for brain function and cardiovascular health and are anti-inflammatory
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids are involved in the balance of inflammation
- Omega 9 Fatty Acids are essential for brain growth, nerve cell myelin, and reducing inflammation
- Saturated Fatty Acids are involved in lipoprotein metabolism and adipose tissue inflammation
- Monounsaturated Fats include omega-7 fats and unhealthy trans fats
- Delta-6 Desaturase Activity assesses the efficiency of this enzyme to metabolize omega 6’s and omega 3’s
- Cardiovascular Risk includes specific ratios and the Omega-3 Index
- Add-on Nutrient and Toxic Elements (urine) assesses 20 toxic and 15 mineral elements
- Add-on SNPs (buccal swab) include MTHFR, COMT, TNF-a, and APOE
The study is provided by Nordic Laboratories.
Regarding the interpretation of the test, our recommendation is to have an hour of remote consultation and coaching with doctor Olli Sovijärvi.
1 x Box containing sampling supplies (keep this box for returning samples)
1 x Shipping Instructions
1 x Test order form
1 x Gel ice pack
1 x Padded envelope
1 x DHL bag
1 x DHL waybill