- In stock, sent same day
- Worldwide Delivery, Shipping from EU
- Trusted Seller, 100% Money-back Guarantee
Iodine profile (test to measure body iodine levels)
A convenient way to test for iodine levels is to measure it in the urine because more than 90% of the body’s iodine is excreted in the urine. However, the problem with urine iodine measurements has always been in collecting it. Most tests require the collection of urine produced over a 24-hour period, which is the least challenging.
This test can be used to test relatively small amounts of urine dried on FDA-approved filter paper. This innovative and accurate method for detecting iodine levels is easy to perform and can be done at home.
Importance of iodine to the body
Iodine is an essential trace element for all living organisms. In an adult, iodine is about 15 to 20 mg. Most of the iodine is located in the thyroid gland (70-80%). The body also contains iodine in the mammary glands, testicles, eyes, gastric mucosa, cervix, ovaries and salivary glands. Iodine is needed in the body especially in the synthesis of thyroid hormones. In addition, it plays an important role in, among other things, normal growth, nervous system development and metabolism such as protein synthesis and enzymatic activity. Of the thyroid hormones, T4, or thyroxine, contains 65% iodine by weight and T3, or triiodothyronine, 59% by weight.
The symptoms of iodine deficiency have changed:
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Memory problems and “brain fog”
- Menstrual disorders (in women)
- Dry skin
- Difficulty of breathing
- Cold hands and feet
- Muscle weakness and stiff joints
- Recurrent infections
- High blood cholesterol levels
- Hair loss
- Frostbite and low body temperature
The dry urine test is an easy and convenient way to measure iodine levels
- The sample is taken directly on a sample strip that is easy to use (the amount of urine required is small)
- The sample is given both in the morning and just before bedtime
- Not difficult to collect 24 hours a day!
- The iodine level standardized for creatinine is a very accurate method of measurement and its shelf life is excellent
- The iodine level standardized for creatinine is reliable even if the urine is either dilute or concentrated
- The measurement is recommended by the WHO for the assessment of iodine levels
The package contains:
- Collection kit (collection supplies; 2 x urine strip, 1x closure plastic pocket)
- Shipping Instructions
- Personal questionnaire
- 1 x DHL shipping box
- 1 x DHL shipping invoice